Sriracha is almost as ubiquitous as ketchup and while delicious is really pretty easy to make at home. My friend Jess got this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo and is gracious enough to share not just the recipe, but often shares a jar with me when she makes it. Friends like that are the best!
- 1.5 lbs red jalapeños, stemmed and seeded. Rough chop
- 8 cloves garlic peel and smash
- 1/3 cup apple cider vin
- 3T tomato paste
- 3T honey
- 2T fish sauce
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and simmer until the sauce is bright red and the raw vegetal taste is cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Let cool and then pour into a jar or squeeze bottle
- You can uses dates instead of honey if you prefer. (Jess recommends honey)